Victoria, Australia walk about

Back in 2009/2010 I was offered the opportunity to work in Melbourne Australia, which afforded me the opportunity to tour about Victoria.  I have collected a few photos from that period.

In no particular order.....
The 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road at sunset.


Never forget to look the other way.


Of coarse, there were bridges

and sand castles

and beachboys at play (or at least I was for the day).


and the babes


Some of the beaches were very crowded


And the opportunity to take it all in


I don't recall seeing cougars, except for this one in Melbourne

And the occasional military man - Adelaide

John Pichnej joined me on many rides.  Here within the eucalyptus canopy.


Which had its surprises


 The flotsam along the shore was not always man made



Herons and Ibis were plentiful



Sometimes goosed

 not to mention our four legged friends

and the fishes



Barnacles and old wood


No where to hide





and on a new day, sometimes they choose not to...



and the blue duck.  The perfect place to stop by as one roams the mountains north and east of Melbourne


 and if you can find a duck, certainly a pig can't be far behind



friendly and accommodating

and when the wanderlust catches up again, the shoreline calls.  


just to show the character changes


I had not realized I had taken the photo on two different trips to the area.  There must be something in the ruggedness that appeals.


The plant life along the southern coast is incredibly dense and waxy.


NAD then back to the mountains nor of the Dendanongs..

are the twistys


with their own risks



I long to return.

Comments