October Ride to the Rockies

The more I age I sense time passing more quickly, but I am more attuned to its passing. Here we are in fall again.    I do not like winter - preferring to bundle in my house instead of freezing on the slopes.  Luckily, we were given a reprieve from the cold for a few more days.  Taking advantage of the weather this last weekend, I took my motorcycle out into the Rockies to witness for myself the changes.  Only two weeks earlier I had been in the rockies enjoying the fall colours.

Early October had the winds shaking the trees.


With the indian summer allowing us another ride, John and I headed towards the Rockies from Calgary.  This was the view from south of the city looking west.  While we do not experience the reds and oranges of Ontario and Quebec, we get our share of gold.  Not all gold glitters.




We stopped to look back towards the prairie.  It is no wonder the province is called big sky.


Yours truely resting on our ride last weekend, just prior to wandering down to the Sheep's River  Falls. We are lucky to have these wild areas less than an hours ride from Calgary.


The Rockies west of Turner Valley. The aspens are now bare and snow can be seen at altitude.


The Sheep's River Falls.  I had never been to this particular spot prior to this ride.  It is definitely a place to return to and explore.  There were a number of viewing benches strategically positioned to allow the optimum view.   Picnic tables were on the other side of the bluff.  Ice had formed along the shore near the falls.



Comments