HWY 40 Kananaskis Country with Warren and Sherron


 I could not have picked a better time for visitors, warm 28-30C, with wild flowers blooming.  It was time for a run into the mountains.  HWY 40 through Kananaskis country west of Calgary was ideal.  They had never trekked through this area before - offering an opportunity to demonstrate why Calgary and area is such a great area to visit.


We stopped at Nakiska - the ski hill constructed for the '81 olympics, for lunch.  Of course we had to take a few minutes to wander the grounds.


The wild roses were in bloom also.


My uncle and aunt,  Warren and Sherron.  We had not seen each other for some 6 years.  Luckily their patience had not waned, meaning they were able to put up with me for a few days.  I should point out that Warren has always been a bit of a rabble rouser.  Nothing has changed.



As I said, the wild flowers were in full bloom


clover


indian paintbrush


I knew I got my interest in photography from somewhere.


We found goats along the highway.  This pair was in no hurry...




Until Sherron decided she was hungry.




 Their arrival, was timed to meet with Darren (my cousin) and family, and Wanita with Scott (not in the picture)  I realized I missed the opportunity to capture both families, but its too late now.


Pictured with Wanita is Terry Isaac, one of the wild life painters showing on the Stampede grounds.  We spent most of our time wandering around the art exhibit.  Warren is also a wild life painter in PEI.   He was checking out the competition.




Sherron was not interested in posing.


My son, Ryan, joined us on the Stampeed grounds and did my younger brother and his wife.


Old cars were on display.  Where has all the chrome gone today...



 and old musicians.




Comments